Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Lyndell Thompson

Default Ping Mac Davis ! Shopsmith arbor diameterG.

Bill, maybe next time I get a vacation I will load it up and bring it to
you. It's only a couple of thousand miles. G
Lyndell

"William B Noble (don't reply to this address)" wrote
in message ...
Ah ha! kind of as I suspected. something is fishy in Shopsmith land.
A 5/8 drill should drill about a thousandth oversize, so drilling a
5/8 hole should lead to a good fit on a 5/8 spindle - but in Lyndell's
case it didn't - so we are "two amigos" (apologies to Disney) in
search of the invisible messanger to deliver the answer as to why this
should be. Meanwhile, experiments continue........

On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 05:10:13 GMT, Lobby Dosser
wrote:

"Lyndell Thompson" wrote:

Mac, Bill noble needs a second opinion on the shopsmith shaft
diameter. My
SS reads .6171" (about 1/128" shy of 5/8") with my el cheapo vernier
caliper. Ditto for the inside diameter of all my arbors and I have
some newer ones like a 1-1/4" sawblade adator from a mark V.

snip-------

Where are you measuring? Can't find my el cheapo, but everything says
5/8" and I have adaptors from other sources claiming 5/8" and they all
fit.

Bill

www.wbnoble.com

to contact me, do not reply to this message,
instead correct this address and use it

will iam_ b_ No ble at msn daught com