Posted to rec.woodworking
David F. Eisan

Default Trimming the bottoms of doors square. (w/pics)

Hello everyone,

I am working on the last of the kitchen doors for my parents. These are the
first Rail and Stile doors I have worked on since installing the DeWALT
sliding table on my newly restored 60's Unisaw. For the first time I was
able to trim the bottom of the doors rather than try to sand the bottoms
flush. I must say it is a dream.

When I set up the saw, I scribed a line strait back from the left side of
the blade into the cast top, this helps greatly when cutting. With the door
on the sliding table, I over hang the bottom of the door a smidgen over the
scribed line and then make my cut. It takes off any glue squeeze out and
trims the door strait and square.

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/trimdoor1.jpg

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/trimdoor2.jpg

I cannot believe how easy this is now and how perfect it turns out.

Thanks for looking,

David.