Posted to rec.woodworking
Guess who

Default My Grandpa Died, Need some help with his tools

On 2 Feb 2006 13:30:21 -0800, "Woodchuck34"
wrote:

Anyway, the reason I'm writing this now is that I have been summoned to
go through his tools, decide what I would like to keep, and salvage the
rest. My Grandmother wants me to find people who will use his stuff.
I'm not exactly sure what I'll find, but I know I've been given Disson
Saws, Stanely Planes, etc. He only bought good stuff.

Keep them all. I guarantee you if you miss one, you'll need it the
next day. I gave my son the tack-hammer that had belonged to my
grandfather, an upholsterer. An antique dealer who saw it had a hard
time letting go of it to hand it back to me. I still keep reaching
for it. I gave my son-in-law the small drill press I'd bought at a
farm auction thiry years ago. At the time I'd been told I'd payed too
much, but I felt not. It had belonged to his grandfather, then his
father. He didn't want it. I got it. It belongs to my S_I_L, and
daughter, and will be passed down again, I hope. Sure, you might not
use one or two, but why take the chance? They really don't make them
like that any more.

My question/concern is how do I figure out how much this stuff is
worth.

Priceless. My son-in-law will get the rest in a very few years as
well.