Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark D

Default Loft Stairway

Hi All,
I live in a very small 1930s semi and I'm in the process of converting
the loft space to a usable space...floorboards, ceiling and velux
window are installed...

I'm currently using an aluminum ladder for access.
I want to install a stairway but there is too little room for it to be
obvious how best to do it.

One option is to use a modular spiral staircase as seen at my local
dealers but the amount of room on the landing is minimal (with two
doorways to the kids bedrooms to contend with so access to these rooms
will be blocked). ;-(

A friend had their's done professionally and the installers took a
chunk out of their bedroom to run a stairway and repositioned the
hatch at the top of the new stairway. Is this my only realistic
option?

Have you got any ideas or are there any sites that deal with loft
conversions in small houses?

Thanks in anticpation,

Cheers,
Mark
M/cr

to reply by email please take the michael