Posted to rec.woodworking
John DeBoo

Default BT3100 saw - reasons not to buy one ?

In spite of what others may say because they only buy $3000 pieces of
machinery, its an excellent saw for the price. I love mine and have no
regrets at all for having bought it. I too am a hobbiest with needs
similar to yours and this saw fits my needs perfectly.
John

matthew silver wrote:
I am considering a new tablesaw, mostly because I need a much larger fence
system.

I came across the Ryobi BT3100 - which looks like a pretty neat although
different saw.
In my initial Googling research, I found that additional rails are easy to
acquire from Ryobi and that the saw has a cult like following.

Requirements:

Annual Run time: under 50 hours / home dyi / furniture / hobbyist
small foot print: (I'm not moving so I can have a bigger shop - not
with this wife atleast )!
set up & accurate easy / uncomplicated set up where repeatable cuts are
simple
long lasting / well built - not a "5 season machine"
large cutting capacity - with / available extension rails
my list goes on, but excludes the unreasonable

I have only read good things about the BT3100 - maybe I may have developed
tunnel vision

What are the cons of this machine ?

Thanks in advance
Matt