Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Default Electricians - Have an electrical question

"sparty" wrote in message
ps.com...
Ok, I just got off the phone with a local city inspector to verify. He
said that between 50 - 60 amps, 6/3 NM-B is fine. For over 60 amps up
to 100 amps, then they mandate you run 4/3 NM-B wire. He did say also,
if running through my basement ceiling, the holes in the joists must be
a mininum of 1 1/2 inches from the bottom. I guess that is incase you
finish the ceiling and nail/screw drywall in.

NEC sez that wires closer than 1-1/2'' from a member surface require nailing
plates. It's just a steel guard to prevent nailing into a wire. Simpson and
others make them. Most have prongs to fasten, so you don't even need
fasteners.

LLoyd