Posted to uk.d-i-y
John

Default Mortar

I have to replace the coping stones on top of a dwarf walk. The area (of
mortar) measures approx 2.4m long by 250mm wide by 20mm deep. A neighbour
tells me it is not wise to do any 'bricklaying' in this cold weather. Is he
correct or is it an old wives tale? When I have been driving around over
the last few days I have seen plenty of housebuilders working. Will it be
OK, or is there something I would need to add to the sand and cement mix? I
do not mind doing it in the cold but I don't want to redo it again if the
bond fails.

Cheers

John