Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.real-estate-agents
Tomes

Default HOAs - your opinions?

"Todd H." wrote in message ...
However, the market does need buyers like you. I have friends trying
to sell their house that's aobut 100 yards from high voltage right of
way. Like you, they were quite accepting and "dosn't bother us" when
they bought their place brand new. Now it's 5 years later, they have
a growing family and want to move, but cannot... their house has been
on the market 9 months, they're learning that perhaps they should've
considered the whims of pickier buyers before pulling the trigger.

That was one of my top criteria when looking for the houses I have bought.
I would never buy a house where I can see power lines like that, much less
within 100 yards and possibly be affected by electromagnetic fields. Makes
me cringe to just think about it. I see many houses built right near these
and am constantly amazed that they sell these to anyone.
Tomes