Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default AIR CONDITIONING

"RJ" wrote in message
We live in a mobile home in the southwest.

The central A/C unit is about 10 years old.

When the unit needs replacement,
could I get comparable cooling by installing
3 X 5K window units throughout the house ?

It would certainly be a helluva lot cheaper.....

How about efficiency ??

Good plan? or not ......

Check the total current draw of the 3 units compared to the single that you
would have instead. Next, consider the air circulation It may not be
adequate to keep the entire place completely cooled. Bathroom, for instance
may be a hot spot. This can be overcome some with a fan. That will give
you at least a start on your comparison.