Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics,sci.electronics.repair

Default shielding rca/component video

My goal is a box to which I can connect my stereo receiver inputs and
outputs that will simplify the connection from one entertainment cabinet to
another - condensing to a single cable (my dreaded DB25 cable . Then
there's a box on the other end of the multicable which expands the
connectors back out to their respective composite video, svideo, component
video, audio(red white), digital multichannel audio, etc. rca panelmount
connectors.

My question is:
While building the box 1) Must I shield individual lines soldered from rca
panel-mounts to my db25 connector inside the metal box, AND 2), Would a
doubleshielded twisted pair cable (with db25 connector, standard issue
printer switch cable) effectively transmit things like component, composite,
svideo, digital audio which were originally on 75ohm coaxial cables?

How effective is shielding on a cable when the + solder points are not
shielded inside of a box?

I plan to make the connections in the box with Belkin 8451. 22 ga shielded 2
conductor.

Respectfully,
Jessop

PS
I very much respect the people involved on these lists. I expect very
little as I know that it is charity. I understand, and have for years, that
I am poorly organized -as are my writings, but you are making sport of my
question. Before writing this paragraph, I looked at your other posts.
People, indeed, ask a lot of stupid questions, and you are quick to point
out that they need to pause and reorganize. However, if you read the entire
question before replying impulsively (as I am replying impulsively here),
you'll see that your ostensible bewilderment is not justified in all cases.
What kind of gear was implied when I asked about specific signal types:
Component video, Composite, Svideo, and audio -10,+4. Translation from one
set of discrete connectors to a unified multi-cable and 'back again' to a
bunch of discrete connectors is generally what snakes do. The websites I've
seen are selling twisted pair double shielded DB25M-DB25M cables. I think
you can surmise that a double shielded twisted pair DB25 Cable is some sort
of cable that is double shielded with twisted pairs and DB25 Connectors on
the ends.