Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Art

Default Sony TV model KV27V40 blink codes?

Loss of vertical triggers the protect circuits to disable current into the
CRT including HV. Their way of assuring they don't replace CRT within
warrenty peroid with a horiz stripe burned across it because someone still
wanted to use the flippin thing as a radio.
Shorted H-Out may be a result of loss of drive, defective LOPT, Shorted
CRT, or multiple causes. Ring the LOPT to check it, check the H-Drive
pulses at the base of the H-out and through the H-Driver circuits. Make
sure, at this point, that you haven't sustained damage to the SMPS
Circuits.
May make sense to get the schematic and service manual. .

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm not very well versed in troubleshooting these Sony's with blink
codes. Can someone please give me a brief explanation as to how they
work and how to troubleshoot this kind of problem. I'm not sure how to
go after the vertical if the set won't power up. And how does a loss of
vertical keep the set from powering up? I'm wondering now if the
shorted HOT was just coincidence or something else. And why were there
no additional blinks to indicate that initially? Is there some kind of
training manual that someone may be able to share with me and or
perhaps a schematic? Thanks again for any help. Lenny Stein, Barlen
Electronics