Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony TV model KV27V40 blink codes?

I'm not very well versed in troubleshooting these Sony's with blink
codes. Can someone please give me a brief explanation as to how they
work and how to troubleshoot this kind of problem. I'm not sure how to
go after the vertical if the set won't power up. And how does a loss of
vertical keep the set from powering up? I'm wondering now if the
shorted HOT was just coincidence or something else. And why were there
no additional blinks to indicate that initially? Is there some kind of
training manual that someone may be able to share with me and or
perhaps a schematic? Thanks again for any help. Lenny Stein, Barlen
Electronics