Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Lobby Dosser

Default Musing if turning well is a lack of failure or a hope for glory.

wrote:

But I haven't quite come to the point of being able
to saw a bowl in half. A small vase, yes. A cup, yes. A bowl? No
way. Of course, I can't turn one out that fast either. He told us
that was a 30 minute project (tops) if he was really after it and
wasn't talking while he was turning. Sheesh.

In the interest of Full Disclosure, most of the items I've cut in half blew
up on the lathe. Then I ran them through the bandsaw to get a better look
at where I screwed up - after a lot of effort. )