Posted to misc.consumers.house
mad hatterŪ

Default How large a Cental Air conditioning unit do I need?

On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 20:07:37 GMT, "Travis Jordan"
wrote:

mad hatterŪ wrote:
To the OP--
Either get a qualified hvac person to do a load calc or use the rule
of thumb that you need 1 ton per 800 sqft area (for southern climates,
decent insulation, normal ceiling heights) which sounds like what the
contractor is using. You could also talk to others in your area and
see what size homes and ac's they have and with a little math, figure
out what size your's should be. If you are that worried (tho I think
2.5 ton is okay) go with the 3 ton unit.

I guess you didn't read the article.

Guess you didn't read my post either. I wrote "rule of thumb". I
guess you don't know what that means?? Further I wrote other
solutions too but I guess you chose to ignor or address them too.