Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leonard Caillouet

Default Audio distortion analyzer software for PC

Think about what you are trying to do. For the signal to be analyzed in
software, you are going to have to acquire it and A/D convert it. I would
guess that an aquisition module that would have the resolution and bandwidth
to do so would be more expensive than buying a used analog unit, if you
could even find such a system. There are likely lots of shops going out of
business that have used audio gear like this. Then the cost of the software
or writing the code yourself...probably not too hard to do in something like
Matlab or Labview, but I'd be wary of the acquisition end .

Leonard

"powerdoc" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am about to start tackling some audio and FM repairs and was in the
process of finding a used distortion analyzer but was wondering if any
company produces a software program that could run through a PC to
measure distortion? I really hate to add a piece of equipment that'll
be used so infrequently if I don't have to. Any information? Thanks