Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller

Default OT - Tim Daneluk

In article . com, "entfillet" wrote:
"Following is a sampling of ways of giving the move N-KB3 ( Nf3 in
algebraic) in descriptive notation, taken from books of different years
to illustrate the slow evolution of that notation system. Notice the
subtle changes that creep in virtually one letter at a time; apparently
too much change could not be tolerated all at once!

1614: The white king commands his owne knight into the third house
before his owne bishop. 1750: K. knight to His Bishop's 3d. 1837: K.Kt.
to B.third sq. 1848: K.Kt. to B's 3rd. 1859: K. Kt. to B. 3d. 1874: K
Kt to B3 1889: KKt -B3 1904: Kt-KB3 1946: N-KB3"

The History of Chess Notation

by Robert John McCrary

You might also want to look into Staunton's original style of notation.
Then too, Koch and Kieseritzky have their own styles, with Koch still
being used in international correspondence competition. Jaenisch is
worth a look.

Well, congratulations. You've demonstrated that you can use Google, and also
that you are unable to properly understand what you found. I repeat: if you
knew anything about chess, you would know that there is no such square as
"KP3". Certainly there is such a square as KB3, as shown in the paragraph you
quoted above. And also KN3 (or KKt3) and KR3. But no "KP3".

Then again, you could simply sit there and taste your foot.

Let me give you a little clue: when you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.
You've been caught out, pretending to knowledge in an area where you're
clearly ignorant, and your attempts at recovery are only making matters worse.

BTW, I noticed you didn't reply to my question: what was your last USCF
rating?

--
Regards,