Posted to alt.home.repair
bill allemann

Default Yet another furnace upgrade question...

that's quite a lot of difference in heat load. you should get a new
calculation done.
the new furnace can no doubt be significantly smaller.

bill

"Gerry Gardiner" wrote in message
. ..
I live in MD and have a 30+ year old gas furnace that soon needs
replacement. BGE is the local company and their man recommended a
two-stage
Carrier unit exactly matching my old one's BTU rating. In the last 2 years
we have added insulation, replaced all doors, (particularly a sliding door
that might as well have well been a hole in the wall!), and put in really
great windows.
With these upgrades, do we have to match BTU for BTU with the old and new
units? From some other posts here, I wonder if it's necessary. Also, can
anyone give me some feedback on BGEs estimates and savings with upgrades?
Gerry