Posted to alt.home.repair
David Combs

Default clear acrylic sheet noise barrier rating

In article ,
tbl wrote:

I trimmed the inside window-sets with 1 x 4 white oak, and
attached the trim with countersunk, electroplated (yellow,
whatever it is) deck / drywall screws, and just let the
heads show. I think it looks nice.

--
tbl

Back when I was living in manhattan (20 yrs ago), I switched my windows
to double windows, each sliding left-right on its own.

It had roughly 1" separation -- a lot better than these
windows today that have maybe .25" separation!

As with you, the noise reduction was incredible -- it
just disappeared.

But soon I started hearing noises again!

Different noises, though.

Water flowing through the pipes, pin-drops from upstairs, etc.

What do they say, there's no free lunch?

David

PS: In winter, it sure was now one hell of a lot warmer!