Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Nebenzahl

Default Netgear "house wiring" Ethernet network

Don Bowey spake thus:

On 2/1/06 8:22 AM, in article ,
"Dan" wrote:

I need to connect my wife's mac laptop to our cable Internet. I
have a pc at the modem. Maybe I'm a bit paranoid, but a wireless
router concerns me, even with encryption.

I agree, you are paranoid. I have two PCs (both wireless) and two
Macs (1 wireless and 1 Ethernet) served by a wireless router with 64
bit encryption, and don't have any problems, nor do I expect any. I'm
using an Airport Extreme, which makes it simple for all to share a
USB printer located near the base station. Wireless would permit your
wife to be just about anywhere in your house or outside with the
laptop, without dragging a cable.

So just how hard is it for a determined hacker to get past those
barriers? Anyone know for sure (no speculation, pleeze)?

--
The only reason corrupt Republicans rule the roost in Washington
is because the corrupt Democrats can't muster any viable opposition.