Posted to sci.electronics.repair
les

Default Walmart Lithiums below par

Since I learn alot here, I thought I'd share my anectodal results here.

A few weeks ago I asked opinions about possible lithium battery failure
in my atomic watch. Having replaced it twice with NEW ones from Walmart
(labeled China), I thought it was reasonable to assume they'd be up to par.
It turns out that the current draw of 5000 ma was enough to reset the entire
watch when the EL panel was activated. (Quiescent draw was 5 ua).
It was only when I replaced it with an Eveready 1620, that everything came
back to normal.
Bottom line is: Chinese lithiums are a waste of time (at least from Walmart)

Les