Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Gerard Bok

Default Fuse Blown After Transporting CRT Monitor

On 31 Jan 2006 21:56:29 -0800, wrote:

I have a Miro C2085 20" CRT monitor that was working until I gave it to
my brother and he took it away. Now the fuse is blown within the power
supply. When I replaced the fuse and turned on the monitor, the new
fuse lit up instantly like a flash bulb as it also blew.

There is definitely a short-circuit somewhere. The only way I can
imagine that it came about was that monitor may have taken a hard
bounce when my brother transported it in the back of his minivan. Yet I
see no obvious damage to the surrounding external casing. Other than
this, I have no explanation for why the monitor was once working but is
no longer doing so.

Where does your brother keep his coins ?
Any chance that your brother's premises are wired to a different
voltage ?

--
Kind regards,
Gerard Bok