Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Darrell Feltmate

Default Musing if turning well is a lack of failure or a hope for glory.

Actually Arch, I think the phrase in this case is "where there's smoke
there's kindling." I do not know about the quality of my turning, but the
quality of learning is directly proportional to the amount of kindling
generated. One of the best teaching or learning techniques in my book is to
take a piece that I have turned well, at least at first glance, and run it
through the band saw. That way I get a very different look at mistakes and
successes.

--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate