Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.transport
Steve Yerbury

Default 'Steam' powered cars...

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
Steve Yerbury wrote:
I'm still waiting for an answer why using a phone is more of a risk
than just having it on your person. If it's not RF, then it's the
danger of it being dropped and a spark from the battery connector.
Dunno about you, but it falling out of my pocket is equally as likely
as dropping it in use. Both near enough zero.

Have you performed a risk assessment under DSEAR?

I'm asking for your assessment. You've said it's not an RF issue.

My assessment was that the use of unprotected electrical devices must
not occur in the zoned area.

Petrol is just one of many substances present.

--
Gerbil