Posted to alt.home.repair
Pop

Default Gasoline Storage

"MC" wrote in message
.. .
: George E. Cawthon wrote:
: Pop wrote:
:
: Hi,
:
: What do you folk do for gasoline storage for your
generators?
:
:
: On our farm we used to have permanent tanks, We had to replace
the tanks
: once and the supplier said would need to now have EPA approved
: installation, etc. We did not want to go through the expense of
that.
: The supplier told us that anything not a permanent fixture
would not
: necessarily need to be approved by the EPA. Many construction
companies
: use portable tanks to take to job sites. So we got a small
heavy duty
: trailer and mounted a small 100 Gal tank and then pulled down
to the
: supplier to have filled instead of them coming out to us.
Worked out
: better since when on one side of the property for a while we
could take
: the tank with us.
:
: May be an option, would still depend on laws in your area, May
can get a
: 55 gal drum that would be adequate and strap down on a suitable
utility
: trailer if you have means to tow somewhere to fill (Even the
local gas
: station)
:

Good brainstorming; thanks all. Looking like the drum idea is
best and the one i understand the best so far. Can't haul it to
be filled though 'cause around here they'll only put fuel (even
kero) in approved containers so I called to see about delivery:
Can't find a place yet that will deliver gasoline - they're only
for fuel oil types. They also said gas could only be delivered
to a properly installed EPA container, so I guess that's out.

Thanks
Pop