Posted to alt.electronics
Jasen Betts

Default EL wire and high voltage AC switching question

On 2006-01-31, UK Pete wrote:

UK Pete wrote:
Hi all,
I need to switch high voltage (1kV at 2kHz AC), low current to
sequence some electro luminescent wires. I'm working on the trigger
sequencer and I have the high voltage/ high frequency PSU but I'm not
sure what kind of device/technique to use for the actual switching
between 5 channels. Any suggestions greatfully received.
Thanks in advance,
UK Pete

.. Ooops Make that 200V AC @ 2kHz...

MOC3021 (upto 100mA) If you're in the UK that part (or similar) should be readily
available, it's an optocoupler used to drive triacs but also seems suitable to
switching 200VAC at low currents.

Bye.
Jasen