George

Default Quantum Mechanics and Self-Replicating Machines

Sounds like the mechanical version of a (software) virus...

"David Peterson" wrote in message

Which is also my question. I think Doug and I might have discussed
this once before. I have an axiom that and entity (not a machine but
something with and using it's own volition and knowledge) cannot
create something equal to or certainly not greater than itself.
Interestingly though a machine I believe can replicate itself, just as
DNA does.

What's your definition of an entity? Seems there are programs (or
could be) capable of creating equal, and perhaps better programs.

Dave

John

Please note that my return address is wrong due to the amount of junk

email I get.
So please respond to this message through the newsgroup.