Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Gasoline Storage

On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 03:03:30 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

"Bob" wrote in message
Years ago, I asked the PA Dept. of Revenue about sales tax. They told me I
was not required to collect sales tax on anything I install, as long as I
pay sales tax on an item when I buy it.

I hope NYS agrees with you, because I have done that rather than mess with
tax exempt certificates when buying supplies. My theory is that the
customer is buying the supplies and reimbursing me for them; I am only
selling my labor and profit.

Only one person has to pay sales tax, either the middle man or the
final consumer. If the middle man doesn't want to pay sales tax, he
has to get a resale permit, collect the tax on anything that would be
sales-taxable, and pay that money to the appropriate state agency.

Wholesalers shouldn't sell things to anyone without collecting sales
tax, unless they have seen the buyer's permit, have recorded his
permit number, and he is not buying things to use for himself, but to
resell.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.