Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob Martin

Default OT - Google

in 1270117 20060201 050448 Joe Barta wrote:
Dave Balderstone wrote:

Boycott Google for their support of communist censorship and
repression!

I have a different take... I think it's a matter of a little something
being better than all of nothing. I'm happy to see Google in China...
getting the foot in the door so to speak. If I'm not mistaken, there
will be a notice on the search results page stating that certain items
have been blocked due to censorship. Google wants access to China's
market and I think that was a fair compromise for now. Plus, most
certainly some of that awful content like "democracy" and "freedom"
will make it through... and I'd say that can only be good.

Joe Barta

I agree with you. So many people seem not to recognize the need for
compromise now and then.