Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Miller

Default Cincinnati Horozontal Mill problem

"Bill Schwab" wrote in
message
ink.net...
Tom,

Thanks for the encouragement Harold. I'm
pretty sure that's why it jammed up, but I'm
damned if I can figure out how to get it all
back together. Maybe a nights sleep and it will
all make sense.

Absent better info, it sounds like a job for a
custom tool. It might be as simple as a spanner
or two, or perhaps a plate with some screw jacks
and access windows. Keep in mind that if large
forces are keeping you from assembling it, any
slips/failure of tools could be _very_
dangerous.

One nutty thought: if the forces are hydraulic,
drain the system??? But you would have done or
thought of that. Have you found a way to bleed
it?

Good luck!

Bill

Thanks Bill
The system is fairly easily drained as there are
"nut& olive" connections on the lines. just
slacke'm off and watch the oil go into the top of
your boot. The biggest problem is getting
everything lined up. The bottom selector lever
tends to hang down but. a loop of fishing line
under it and up to the inspection plug fixes that
one.
I'm going back out there Friday so I'll let you
know how we went.
Tom