Posted to alt.home.repair
Nexus7

Default Here's one for all you fixer uppers!

Gntry wrote:
We were thinking about ripping up the carpet and flooring to expose the
beams and add some kind of a vapor barrier(which we know, there isn't
any)and use furring strips to hold up some insulation close to the floor
along with putting in radiant heat flooring.

Wonder why they didn't just pour the floor. But if there are wood
beams, I'd be careful about adding vapor barrier, as you dont want the
wood to rot. Is there circulation between the crawl space and the
outside, or the inside? You're probably losing a lot of heat through
the ceiling, is there any insulation up there?