Posted to alt.home.repair
fish

Default Replace 105,000 btu with 60,000 btu ?

I had an estimate today from a local hvac company, and they figured
that a 60,000 btu furnace should replace my 105,000 btu furnace. it
is in a double family, brick constructed home that was built in 1949.
The furnace is working fine, I just thought i might get a replacement
estimate before it breaks down.

Does this sound reasonable? he took measurements of all the windows,
and walls, and got a reading for what walls/ceilings were insulated
and came up with this estimate. it does seem like he did a good job,
but i am wondering if i am being bamboozled, or if long ago they just
slammed too many btu's into housing units.

Thanks for the comments. Let me know if you need more information for
this to make sense.

Fish