Posted to alt.home.repair
46erjoe

Default Finishing off a basement Step 1 ?

On 31 Jan 2006 09:23:49 -0800, wrotF:

I curse the previous owners of my house that put up the 12X12
interlocking ceiling tiles stapled to furring strips. Impossible to
take one down to run a cable line, phone wire, etc. If I were to redo
it, I would just spray everything in the ceiling flat black. Looks
great, no clearnace issues, and if you ever need to run something new
it is open. Get a can of black spray paint and spray whatever new
pipe, wire etc. so it blends in.

Floor to bottom of joist is 9'. How do I test whether the floor is
perfectly level? There's a bilco door from the basement to the
outside. I'll try to integrate that into the bedroom floor plan
instead of putting in a larger window.