Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Refinishing Beat Up Kitchen Cabinets

JD:

Apparently you chose to personalize the comments I made. Read
carefully, I am not venting or maligning DIYers, many of them pay my
bills. Some actually turn out to be great clients (again, with some
attentive reading you would have seen this in my post).

You are obviously much more in tune with things and how they are done
than the average man/woman that watches a DIY show (which in reading
carefully the exact quote was top posted for your easy reference) and
then goes out and tears up their house. My response was aimed directly
at the quote I supplied.

As far as you choice of contractors and your bad experiences, it is no
different than any other profession. There are good ones, bad ones,
dishonest and honest ones. I'll bet that could even be said for your
profession. Who cares?

I liked Jerry's advice too, but again, with careful (OK, not so
careful) scrutiny you could see that I was not responding to his post.
I quoted no one else other than the post immeidiately before mine.
Where did you think I was "venting"? Very Oprah of you, BTW. I am
not angry at all with the DIYers... frankly I never think of them at
all.

You shouldn't wear your feelings on your sleeve. You will live in
constant pain. And just for a minute.... did it occur to you that what
I posted could actually be my own personal experiences and have nothing
to do with you?

Robert