Posted to rec.woodworking
entfillet

Default OT - Tim Daneluk

"First, thank you for my very own thread."

You are to be congratulated, although you will have to search for the
initiation under a misspelled attribution.

"Second, Good Manners dictates that you mark this sort of thing OT, or
at
the very least mark it a META thread since it is NOT about WWing."

As you have not been particularly careful about this in your own
posting history I would not blow this horn too loudly.

"Third, you might continue your deep statistical analysis by examining
just how many OT threads I actually *start*. In my recollection, it
is few. But I will not sit back and watch other people pitch bad
ideas,
dangerous to my future, hence I get involved in OT threads. But
mostly, this is well after they are underway."

It would seem that you imply a distinction between the origination of
an OT thread and the participation in an OT thread. There are some of
us who would not embrace the distinction.

"Fourth, I rarely start or add to On-Topic threads because I have
little
useful to say there. I am a rookie WWer, having only done it for about

8 years and anything I might add would be of little value beyond the
expertise already found here."

This is actually the funniest statement that I have found, so far.
Google shows 148 postings by you to rec. woodworking, and as you claim
that few of these have to do with actual woodworking, and therefore are
OT, I am left to wonder at your persistance in expressing your views in
a forum where you, admittedly, have no special knowledge.

"Fifth, if this group gnerally practiced self-restraint and avoided OTs

and/or limited them to very short exchanges, I would observe this
without
reservation. In fact, most NGs I read do exactly this and I observe
the customs of the community. But you and your ilk cannot on the one
hand jump in with all of the ideological gas passing the characterizes
your posts and expect everyone else to observe a moment of silence in
your
honor. I've no idea what kind of human you are - perhaps we'd be
friendly
neighbors in the Real World - but by your testimony, I know your ideas
are pernicious and dangerous to Liberty, hence you get counterargument
from me and others. Lead by example, and I will be similarly still. "

Now, this is a very interesting expression of intent. Do you mean to
say that on; alt.smokers.pipes, comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc,
comp.lang.python, rec.photo.equipment.medium-format, fa.freebsd.stable,
rec.photo.darkroom, comp.protocols.smb,
rec.photo.equipment.large-format, rec.photo.equipment.large-format,
comp.mail.sendmail, comp.lang.python.announce, gnu.emacs.bug,
alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot, comp.mail.sendmail, rec.photo.misc,
mailing.freebsd.ports, muc.lists.freebsd.stable - all of which
represent a subset of the newsgroups that you have been a participant
in, you have found the level of restraint greater than here on
rec.woodworking?

Would you care to have this proven to be false?

Is it really necessary?

Isn't the truth obvious?

Isn't it actually the case that you have made a Usenet career of
inserting yourself into groups where you have nothing to contribute and
only seek to call attention to yourself , without regard for the
culture of the groups that you violate?

You are a Usenet junky, Daneliuk.

You are also a conflict junky.

And your song has grown tired unto our ears.

Mr. Blanchard ("What does the turtle stand on?") has made a reasonably
polite inquiry; followed by a brace of fools who misunderstood his
intent.

I am not one who uses killfiles, but, if I did, you would be one of the
first in the bin.

Other than his misspelling of your name, for use in the blocking of
your posts, I believe him to be right on target.

Good Day, Sir.