Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett

Default Cabling behind gas fire?

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 11:16:45 +0000, Simon Foster wrote:

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 12:59:21 +0000, Simon Foster wrote:

Apologies to you Simon.
It's not unknown for people to suggest/ ask for advice over something that
is (in different circumstances) so wrong just to see if they can get a
good few poster worked up...

No problems - now what about that electric heater in the shower cubicle ;-)

I guess if the pipe (now called a conduit) is covered with
mortar/stones/bricks then this would be OK.

Thanks, just didn't want to do it and find a gooey mess of cables after we'd
used the gas fire. Noticed the hearth is hollow underneath, I presume I
could lay cables under there as per a suggestion in your earlier post?

Why bother!