Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

Default Add light fixture to an existing switch that controls receptacle?

You can snake from the outlet to the light location. If the feed is located
in the switchbox, you can snake from that location. If the feed is in the
switchbox and goes into the attic, then back down to the switched outlet,
you can pick it up there as well. Most importantly, you have to know what
you have and where you have it, before you proceed.

"rjh959" wrote in message
ups.com...
This is probally easy but I need to add a light fixture to one of my
rooms. One of the receptacles is controlled by a wall switch. I have
full access to the wiring via the above attic. Would I attach the lght
fixture wiring to the receptacle or the wall switch. I would like to
not have to do either and somehow splice the wiring together in the
attic area rather than having to fish wires through the receptacle or
switch wall. Any advice would be great.