Posted to alt.electronics
John Fields

Default EL wire and high voltage AC switching question

On 31 Jan 2006 06:40:31 -0800, "UK Pete"
wrote:

UK Pete wrote:
Hi all,
I need to switch high voltage (1kV at 2kHz AC), low current to
sequence some electro luminescent wires. I'm working on the trigger
sequencer and I have the high voltage/ high frequency PSU but I'm not
sure what kind of device/technique to use for the actual switching
between 5 channels. Any suggestions greatfully received.
Thanks in advance,
UK Pete

.. Ooops Make that 200V AC @ 2kHz...

---
http://www.clare.com/home/pdfs.nsf/www/LCA110L_R1_0.qxd.pdf/$file/LCA110L_R1_0.qxd.pdf

Or, check this page for a lot of choices:

http://www.clare.com/Products/SSR.htm

Also: IR, Aromat(NAIS), or google "solid state rerlay"

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer