Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,rec.crafts.metalworking
billy ray

Default Bumper-mounted trailer hitch bracket for Jeep Wrangler TJ

The link below is to a page in the Florida Fish and Wildlife
Conservation website. I will assume, with the known limitations therein,
that it may be taken as an 'official" publication

Please see paragraphs 4 & 5 in section 1
Please see paragraph 5 in section 2
Please see illustration 2
http://www.boat-ed.com/fl/course/p2-4_trailering.htm

You hitch design may be legal in Florida.... assuming that you can get the
data from the DC engineering departments for "the weight rating of the
bumper. "

However the factory manual shows the only approved (by DC) methods of
attaching a towbar. In my XJ manual it is section 13 pages 7 & 8.

Does someone have a Wrangler manual that can check and post the appropriate
pages in the Frames & Bumpers section?

"Richard J Kinch" wrote in message
. ..
cantrelm writes:

... people in here have tried to educate you on this matter ...

They have educated me as to their casual opinions in conflict with
concrete
experience. Normal Usenet flux.

I'd be surprised if as you assert Georgia doesn't allow towing with rope.
But I couldn't find the relevant statute, maybe you can:

http://www.legis.state.ga.us/cgi-bin/gl_codes_detail.pl