Posted to uk.d-i-y
Christoph Lutz

Default Zanussi tumble dryer not drying

Hi,

I have got a Zanussi condensing tumble dryer which I bought second hand.
All seems find - it turns round, it heats up and collects water in the
tank. However, it does take ages for cloths to dry - even if there is
only a half load in there. I have taken the back off and nothing obvious
springs to mind and looks fine. Now, I have put it in the shed outside,
so here is my question
- is it possible that outside is just too cold and the heating element
is not strong enough to heat the air and get it dry?
- do heating elements deteriorate and not get as hot as the should? (and
therefore need to be replaced)
- is there something wrong with the "drainage" of the water?

Thanks for any advice on this one...

Christoph