Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mike Berger

Default Sony CDX-705 CD Changer - update.

Your car trunk isn't insulated so the cold will affect the
CD changer, damage or not. How can you be so certain there's
no moisture getting there? If there's an opening, the water
can splash into it. Or you may get condensation.

Jumpster Jiver wrote:
I don't know what caused one to split - possibly the extreme temperature
changes we've had in my area lately, plus the fact that my car trunk is
damaged, and while my CD Changers are in an area that allows them to
stay perfectly dry, they are exposed to the freezing outdoor
temperatures every day.