Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,rec.crafts.metalworking
cantrelm

Default Bumper-mounted trailer hitch bracket for Jeep Wrangler TJ

Thank God I live in Georgia, and it is illegal to tow with " ropes an granny
knots ". Up here you get ticketed for not have a proper hitch. Just goes
to show you that the Transplanted Yankees in Florida have had there brains
fried too long out in all that sun!!!!

Richard being as how you have a Ph.D. I am going to assume you know the
difference between ignorant and stupid. Well you can't say that you are
ignorant, as too many people in here have tried to educate you on this
matter, so what choice does that leave us with to describe you?

Tom

"Richard J Kinch" wrote in message
. ..
Mike Romain writes:

You can be 'sure' if something happens and that home made hitch lets go
and your trailer goes off and kills someone you will be charged.

Still bunk.

Simply driving, nothing is going to "happen" with this hitch. In a
collision, the violation and/or liability is with the driver at fault for
the collision. Not with the hitch or its owner.

"Home made" has *nothing* to do with it.

Read the law. I cited it earlier. Florida makes absolutely no specific
technical requirements for hitches, only that you have "sufficient

strength
to pull all weight towed" and that you have safety chains or other 49 CFR
devices. You can tow with overcooked spaghetti if it has "sufficient
strength".

People tow cars with rope and granny knots every day. Nothing illegal

about
it.