Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Schwab

Default Cincinnati Horozontal Mill problem

Tom,

Thanks for the encouragement Harold. I'm pretty
sure that's why it jammed up, but I'm damned if I
can figure out how to get it all back together.
Maybe a nights sleep and it will all make sense.

Absent better info, it sounds like a job for a custom tool. It might be
as simple as a spanner or two, or perhaps a plate with some screw jacks
and access windows. Keep in mind that if large forces are keeping you
from assembling it, any slips/failure of tools could be _very_ dangerous.

One nutty thought: if the forces are hydraulic, drain the system??? But
you would have done or thought of that. Have you found a way to bleed it?

Good luck!

Bill