Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveF

Default Way off topic question

"Gunner" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 20:47:43 GMT, "Leo Lichtman"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote: Frankly..I believe that every young person Needs a stint
in the military, if for nothing more than personal goal resolution (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Gunner, first let me say, I enlisted in time of war, did my time, and got
an
honorable discharge. So let's not make that an issue.

So did I. I called it filling part of my social contract.

Do you consider returning from the war in a flag-draped coffin a
reasonable
form of personal goal resolution?

No. I call that "the luck of the draw"

Much like the guy who wants to be a top fuel race car driver and winds
up dead.

Gunner

In my units we had three killed just from training accidents. We used to
consider getting killed an "occupational hazard".

Steve.