clare @ snyder.on .ca

Default O.T. How come America and Canada drive on the "Wrong" side of the road

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 22:27:30 +0100, "ChrisCrosskey"
wrote:

It reminds me of something an old Foreign Office chap told me about his
years in Malta....In the UK we drive on the right side of the road, most
foreigners drive on the wrong side of the road, in Malta they drive in the
shade.......

chrisc

More tea vicar?

Or as we said driving in Zambia - they don't drive on the left, they
just pass on the right. The "great north road" from Livingstone to
Lusaka, and to a lesser degree up through Kabwe to Luansha and the
copper belt, was just a big chicken game. In the early seventies much
of it was single lane paved, with dirt on both sides. Through the
Zaire Panhandle, where supposedly one drove on the right, it was a
case of driving where the road was and the potholes weren't, or in one
case, driving up the "ditch" to pass a large "lorry" because it was
smoother than the road, and no oncoming traffic.