Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark

Default Anti foq safety glasses

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 21:56:59 GMT, "rrh" wrote:

"Lobster" wrote in message
Mark wrote:
Can anyone recommend any safety specs that do not fog up? (I've tried
treating the glasses with washing up liquid and various anti fog
treatments, but they are not very effective).

Somewhere recently I saw a battery-powered helmet contraption with a
visor; a fan drew in air and blew it down inside over your face, removing
the water vapour which causes the fogging. Can't remember where I saw it
though I'm afraid - thought it was Screwfix, but I can't locate it!

David

Yes, while living in Japan some years ago I bought various ski goggles to
fit over my specs. The only pair which didn't fog up had two tiny fans to
expel air (not draw it in), with a small battery fitted into the frame
accordingly. You have reminded me to dig them out of whatever box they are
hiding in, for DIY purposes!

Might be worth googling ski goggle suppliers to see if something similar is
available now in the UK.

That might be just what I need. I'll have a search around.

Cheers, Mark