Posted to alt.home.repair
David Martel

Default Installing vent hood in small deli.

Lawrence,

My first suggestion is to find out if the co op has the building owners
permission to do this project. If this was a home DIY job I'd advise looking
here
http://www.easy2diy.com/cm/easy/diy_...&parent2=Brand
for a general idea on how to approach it. I admit that I was taken aback by
your initial questions since they were so basic. Don't understand why you
feel it's necessary for the fan motor to be on it's own circuit breaker.
But I have no idea about the requirements for a commercial restaurant.
I'm not sure that this is the right newsgroup to ask about such stuff. I
don't think sizing the hood to meet the stove's BTU output is wise since the
stove may be replaced some day.
Don't presume that the small town does not have inspectors, assume that
the county does. The co op is putting in this hood because the inspector
warned them. Do the work up to code.

Dave M.