Posted to alt.home.repair
dnoyeB

Default Teflon frying pan

Don Lee wrote:
I have owned several non-stick Teflon frying pans and had always taken care
not to scratch them or use the dishwasher on them. However, they all
eventually stick after a year or so. The pans are otherwise in good shape.
Does anyone know of anyway to revitalize the non-stick property of the
Teflon coating.

My position is this. **** teflon. I don't need it one way or another.
Give me something without any fancy chemicals no matter how many
scientists say its ok. Who can you trust really?

Ill take cast iron. It can add trace amounts of iron to your food, but
thats actually a good thing. Also it can stop a bullet and if required,
take an intruder out in one swing. Try that with Teflon!

Teflon is nice on funky surfaces like grills and waffle irons. But its
just not needed.

--
Thank you,