Posted to sci.electronics.repair
DaveM

Default How to check if LCD module is not dead with basic components like switches.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi there,
I found an old LCD module. I'm not sure if its working. Is
there a simple method to check if the module is working (without
connecting it to ,uc) , like using switches.
Thanks in advance
BO

There are a number of web sites that are dedicated to LCD modules and their
uses. In general, your LCD module must go through a predetermined power
on/reset initialization sequence before it can be brought to life. The
initialization sequence has timing requirements that you will probably not
be able to accomplish with manually actuated switches.
Your best bet in this case would be to use the printer port on your computer
to test the module. There are loads of software examples on the web that
demonstrate this functionality

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just substitute the appropriate characters in