Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Shoreline Electronics

Default Sony KPR53XBR15 convergence problem

Fixed your model #...should be KPR.

I'd suspect the pot if your getting a drastic jump like that. Is there a
dead spot in it maybe?

--
==========================
Jeff Stielau

========================

wrote in message
Hi. Sony KPR53XBR15. Red convergence - horizontal size adjustment - from
center to right works perfectly. From center to two thirds out to left
works
perfectly. Far left one third is the problem. As size is adjusted down
from
as big as it can get, just before it would be correct, far left part of
red
image suddenly increases in size, running off left side of screen, while
rest of left side image continues decreasing in size.

Have replaced STK devices, even exchanging them to see if problem follows
chip. No.

Have replaced all low ohm feed resistors and checked all others. No go.

Not heat related. Does it hot or cold.

Have removed and checked all elec caps on board. No go.

Have checked power regs. No go.

Mind you, the blue works perfectly, as does the green.

I can't see it being the size pot.

I scope the red H conv output, and waveform does look different than the
blue, but on STK input I can't see any difference. Yokes read okay
ohmswise.
I don't have a spare yoke or conv board to try in it.

Any constructive thoughts?

Thanks much, Danny