Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Fred McKenzie

Default Circuit board repair glue that can stand soldering temperature?

In article .com, "larry
moe 'n curly" wrote:

Is there some kind of glue that can bond copper to fiberglass and
withstand the heat of a soldering iron? I have to glue some copper
strips to a board and can't just draw new traces with a silver ink pen
(really I can't, so don't suggest it or ask why). I've tried slow and
fast cure epoxies, super glue, and JB Weld, but all of them melt almost
instantly when I touch the soldering tip to them. The JB Weld lasts
slightly longer, so there must be some kind of epoxy that will work.

LMC-

Others have given some good advice. Follow up on their leads and you may
find companies that have repair products that will do what you need.

One thing though, soldering is a process that will even ruin the original
circuit board material if you're not careful. In your situation, I'd find
some way to solder FIRST and then apply whatever epoxy or other adhesive
was needed to secure the copper strips.

Fred